About Me

My photo
Stay at home mum, previously top PA in various top companies for top bods. Want to be a writer instead.

Monday 5 December 2011

Trying new things..

Hello All - my stats tell me that at least 2 or 3 people are reading this, so I'm going to take a leap and start my posts "Hello All".  

First point of business, my partner read the last post about children's programmes and said: "You should use emoticons to show you are joking about this.."  He may be right, but I really thought that you'd all be smart enough to know when I'm being daft.  I have faith that you are.

Second point of business, I had a brain wave about a theme for my blog, as well as random stuff.  I thought I would start trying at least one new thing a week, and then I would tell you about it - perhaps it would help you decide if you wanted to try it too.  So, I have been mentally (in my head, as opposed to acting mental) compiling a list of things to try. So far I have:
Zumba
Disarrono
A book on NLP (an idea nicked from a fellow blogger)

If you have an idea on something to try, then by all means, let me know.  Except if one of them is "piss off" I suppose. I've just discovered - this blog website doesn't seem to have emoticons. If it did, I'd put a smiley next to this sentence.

Third point of business, one other thing I think I will document in this blog is that I will make it my mission to solve my top beauty related issue. Bags and dark circles under the eye - there is literally nothing decent on the market for this. I'm going to research and try out all the home remedies I can. I can't afford surgery or fancy salon treatments at the moment, like most normal women, so I will be your guide through the alternatives. 

Lastly, something funny to tell you.  I have been trying to figure out Twitter for a while now. It is quite good if you're following someone interesting. I've got, for example, Jimmy Carr (tells jokes), Lord Sugar (quite political) and Gary Barlow (dull, but I still would..).  I'm also following Seth MacFarlane.  He writes and performs in Family Guy and American Dad. He's a bit obscure and very dry, quite unusual for an American.  Thusly, I had to chuckle when he recently tweeted "I have a feeling that Rick Astley did indeed Give Me Up".  Classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment